With the world population starting to focus on getting healthy and taking care of their bodies personal trainers are in more demand than ever. There are also more options available to those folks who want to work out. Crossfit, Zumba, and Yoga are taking off as all the rage in any number of chain gyms all trying to get folks to work out with them. So what is a simple trainer going do to compete with all that? Get a website, and here’s why…
- First Impressions are everything! A website will most likely be the first impression you make with a potential client. If your name doesn’t show up when someone searches for a personal trainer in their area, you are losing out on clients. How often do we go to the Internet to find anything anymore? Having your own website means you can do everything to make it optimized for search engines so these potential new clients find you.
- Express Yourself. You are in control of the content. Explain what set you apart from the rest of the pack. And if all that shows up is a review website when people hear about your amazing training from a friend, you have no way of making sure the impression people get when they look for you and your training services is the one you want. Or a new gym member wants to research your services at home and think about it. Having your own website makes it easy for potential clients to find you.
- Don’t Use a Facebook Page as Your Website! This is just flat out, no. While Facebook can create an area for you to promote yourself with amongst your friends, it doesn’t have the same professionalism that a freestanding website has for your business. You absolutely need a business Facebook page for that social media word of mouth, but if that is your only online presence it is not as versatile as your own website.
- Look Updated and Informed. If you are up to date with your business, you will seem up to date with your skills and services as well. Not having a website, or worse having an outdated website, lends itself to the impression that you as a professional aren’t up to date. You can have a list of 30 different certifications but if I don’t see it anywhere, how do I know as a potential client?
- Practice convenience. If you set up your online presence to stream well with your business you save yourself so many headaches. You can set up gift certificates, appointment schedulers, calendars, really anything you need to better run your business. Having it all set up in one place simplifies your life and that gives you more time for training and networking.
And with the number of different ways to have a website out there, there really is no excuse not to take the time and have a professional website dedicated to your practice. Some cost more but require little work from you, some are less expensive but will require you to do the editing. Ultimately you need to get your name out there where people are looking for it.